Sunday, September 25, 2011

Traveling.

Tonight I'm packing and prepping for my first business trip since Little One was 2. That trip was so hard (Vegas for 2 weeks for a company conference) I that I was searching for flights home after only 3 days and trying to figure out if "missing my baby" was a legitimate reason to head home 10 days early. It wasn't... I suffered through. Luckily this trip is only 3 days long and an hour and half drive away. Plus the fact that Little One is 7 makes a huge difference. She'll be in school most of the time.

I did have to hire a sitter for Monday afternoon/evening since Joe has a class that runs until 8pm. Luckily our little town is home to a private college that is ripe with wonderful babysitter candidates so one of our favorites will be getting Little One off the bus and handling the normal routine. Little One is excited to have a break from the after school program and get to head home right after school on the bus. That's a rare treat for her with our schedules.

One other happy coincidence that made this trip easier is that Joe is done with his 12 hour clinicals for the quarter. So this Tues and Wed he's home all day and can handle mornings and afternoons. Thank god. I don't know how I would have made it work. Have a sitter come to the house at 5:30am when he would normally leave to get Little One off to school? Then have them come back from 3-8pm? I guess that's what I would have had to do but I'm sure glad it worked out this way.

I'm going to miss Little One and am a bit nervous about the series of meetings I'm attending with the uppity ups at my company. Amazed at all the info I normally keep in my head that I had to put down on paper for the sitter and Joe. Homework, what day is what special activity and requires an art smock, gym shoes etc., appropriate snacks, dinner menu all planned out, what day Little One has chosen to buy lunch so don't send a packed lunch. Plus of course I decided the house has to be perfectly clean for the sitter (like a college kid will even notice that, ha) and all the laundry had to be done because surely they can't survive 3 days without every piece of clothing in the house being clean.

Off to bed I go! Hope they survive without me...

No comments:

Post a Comment