Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Maintenance

Yesterday felt like a "maintenance day."

I worked from home in the afternoon. I went to a dentist apt and saw my chiropractor to adjust my poor back before it decides to cause serious trouble.

I made some phone calls relating to hiring an executive coach. I work in an open office space so everyone can hear your conversations and this wasn't a series of phone calls that I wanted my team listening in on.

Got the chance to putter around the house as well and do some cleaning. Oh if only I had a few clones, one to clean, one to work, one to organize the house, one to volunteer at Emily's school and do fun things, one to workout every day… life would be grand!

School is plugging along for Little One, we're back in a pretty good routine in the mornings. Her fall gymnastics class starts tomorrow evening. She has been obsessed with headstands. She finally got the balance thing down a bit and can hold one for around 5 seconds. She does them ALL.THE.TIME. She calls out to me when she's got a long one going "Come and watch me Mommy!" Cooking dinner is challenging because I'm running back and forth between the kitchen and the living room to watch her latest feat. I gotta say, it looks super uncomfortable and I keep looking at her poor neck hoping it doesn't break. Isn't that a creepy thought? but I can't help it! I need to get a picture of her doing one. Hopefully her weekly gymnastics class will will work with her on technique so I can worry a little less about her hurting herself.

My birthday is on Friday, the big 35. I'm kind of indifferent, kind of not wanting to make a deal out of it because it means I'm half way through my 30's which feels very surreal, and just plain old. My 10 year old nephew has the same birthday so on Sunday I'll head off with Little One to my brother's house to celebrate. Joe doesn't work this weekend so depending on how much school work he needs to tackle this weekend he might come with us. That would be nice. The single parent routine gets old even when you're doing fun stuff. I try not to push him though, because I know he'd rather be with us than studying but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. It's hard for him to give up an entire day to travel an hour and half to my brothers for a birthday party with so much work he knows he has to get done.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment