Friday, April 27, 2012

Waiting, and why I stink at it.

I am an impatient person.  I have been patient for the last 4 years while Jim was in school. But now that he has graduated and passed his boards I feel like each day that passes without a job offer, or really even a nibble of interest, is an eternity.  I'm sure it feels worse for him.

He had an interview last week with the Unit Mgr who runs the unit he currently works on as a PCA.  According to Jim the interview went well.  But.  The position they interviewed him for begins in June, and they haven't even posted the job online yet, meaning they can't officially offer it to him even if they wanted to.  And sooooooo my stretched thin patience is being tested.  And I'm trying not to constantly pester... did you hear anything today?  How about this afternoon?  How about in the last hour, anything?

I'm taking off from work early to pick up my niece, who is a freshman at Ohio State (2 minutes from my office) and take her home with me.  My parents are driving in from New York and will be at our house by the time I get home.  Em's first communion is tomorrow! Then a big party with her cousin the next day.   The weather isn't planning to cooperate, chilly and rainy.  Not great for wearing a sleeveless white dress but whatcha gonna do? Guess we'll throw her winter parka over it and hope it's warm in the church at least.

Next weekend is Jim's graduation, and another niece's graduation from college.  That should be fun.  My parents will be back for Jim's graduation on Saturday and then after dinner we're all driving to the town where my niece's graduation is happening going out to dinner together and we're all staying over in a nice hotel near the university.  Pool time for Emily! She can show off her new swimming skills to my mom and dad, she's quite the little fish.

So I wonder if he heard anything in the 10 minutes it took me to write this post.... I should text and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment