Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Arranged Marriage.

I have a new boss. I loved my old boss.... a lot. :) She was a fabulous mentor and support person. My main cheerleader and a person who knew how to push me to do more than I thought I could.

...and now for my new boss. I don't really know her yet. But I'm doing my best to remain open minded, to not constantly compare her to my old boss, and to stop my judgemental side from being too critical. I think when you start a new job having a new boss and new co-workers feels normal, you choose to be in this new situation. When you are already established in the structure of an organization and then have a new boss put it place it feels very much like an arranged marriage. You're on your best behavior, trying to make the best of it. And hope that in a years time you will have created good chemistry and a positive working relationship. But there's no guarantee.

And my oven is still broke. Why is it that the minute my oven broke I was absolutely dying to make a roast chicken and bake scones? Fall with a broken oven is the pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment