Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trying to concentrate.

... and it's not going so well. So I'll blog instead and maybe that will allow me to move on with my work day.

We spent the last 10 days in NY visiting family, making the BIG announcement about the baby to both sides of our family, and then spending 6 days in a gorgeous lake house in the Adirondacks with some of our best friends.  This is the 4th year that we've done this "friends" vacation and it is one of my favorites.  Lots of hiking and bonfires, relaxing, catching up and just being with some of my favorite people in my favorite place in the world, ADK.

We all destressed and disconnected from technology and really enjoyed the quiet of being in the mountains. And now we are all having culture shock getting back into work and technology and meetings and beeping reminders to GO GO GO.

I'm trying my best to go back into the flow of work but there is a little nagging reminder in my head that is constantly pulling my concentration away from my work... this new baby.  Emily has decided we should call it Gus rather than "it" or "the baby". So Gus it is, until April at least!

My parents were excited, Jim's were as well, but the best reaction was our friends and our neighbors.  Those are the people who know just how much I wanted this baby and thought that with the way life was rolling that it would never happen for us.  We told our next door neighbors, who are very close friends, yesterday and the screaming that ensued was really really fun!! Emily told her friends at school yesterday and put it up on the Daily News board in her classroom so the cat is really out of the bag in our little town. A little earlier that I would have liked for so many people to know but Emily was so excited I couldn't bear to tell her she couldn't say anything.  I'll be 13 weeks on Saturday so officially in the 2nd trimester.  According to our OB after the ultrasound at 10 1/2 weeks and seeing the heart beat we have less than a 1% chance of miscarrying at this point so hopefully all continues well!

No comments:

Post a Comment